GLOBAL FORESIGHT BOOKS: A Catalog of New and Forthcoming Books on Current Affairs
Evidence-based Books and Reports for a Better Society and World
Discover the neglected realm of important new ideas to understand our complex world and shape better futures. Ignorance is costly -- for governments, businesses, planners, and individuals!
Recent Adds: 2013 titles from Brookings, Cambridge, The New Press, OECD, Palgrave Macmillan, Perseus Books, Routledge and Routledge/Earthscan, United Nations, and World Bank.
Upcoming: New 2013 titles from Chicago, Edward Elgar, Georgetown, Harvard, Johns Hopkins, M.E. Sharpe, and Palgrave.
Book of the Month: Oxford Martin Commission for Future Generations: Now for the Long Term (Report)
What GFB offers:
* Brief abstracts of more than 5,000 titles published from early 2009 through early 2013.
* Easy access to summaries by Search Books, or by browsing authors, publishers, specific subjects, and 30generic, overlapping categories
* A long review by Michael Marien of an important and broad-ranging Book of the Month
* A special listing of Recommended Books in areas such as climate, sustainability, development, security, food, health, education, crime, cities, technology, methods, and more
* A list of Paradigm-Breaking Books that view important matters in a different light
* To help individuals and organizations identify and choose new futures-relevant books on current affairs, planning, and public policy
* To enable an overview of current thinking in complex problem areas such as environment, governance, the economic crisis, job creation, poverty reduction, higher education, energy, new technology, terrorism, nuclear weapons, human rights, the Internet, water scarcity, etc.
* To provide a concise cross-disciplinary overview of all trends, issues, and informed proposals for betterment and reform
* To emphasize the need for ongoing synthesis, integration, and collective intelligence in all areas.
* To map the unexplored realm of "current affairs" books and promote their visibility in public discourse.
For further explanation about Global Foresight Books, click FAQ and Categories Explained.
Dr. Michael Marien , director of Global Foresight Books, edited Future Survey for 30 years